Friday 14 March 2008

Franco Mussida

Altaloma 5 till 9
My “Maestro”. The first time I saw him it was in Milan at the school. I arrived from a long physical and mental journey and i didn’t know who I was going to meet. When he entered into the room with his books and guitar I realized he was a giant. I didn’t expected he was so tall, with these big hands (I asked myself: how can he play?) and a deep smile. Spirituality in his eyes. Why “Maestro” and not music teacher? Because his teaching was an attempt to give us the key to touch a part of life through music. A part from his music/guitar lessons, I remeber talking about the meaning of the sound of intervals (minor third, major third, fifth, sixth…). Some days our lesson was dedicated to the approach to the sound also experimenting the sounds of the nature as the chirp of the birds trying to learn how to direct our listening. This photos have been taken at the Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) Salerno concert: me and big big Franco had a long chat before the concert while he was warming up his hands on the guitar…Then, during the exibition, while he was improvising on “Altaloma 5 till 9” he realized that I was concentrated on his playing and his hands . He called me with his eyes (as when we were at the school) and then indicated me. Something special was happening: while PFM music was going on for all the people there, Franco and I knew that notes, that piece of improvisation was just for us. Our mental status was connected by music in a parallel world and no one could enter there. Thanks!!
On air: Altaloma 5 till 9 (PFM live)

No comments:


Statistiche web gratuite