Wednesday 12 March 2008

The roker with high heel: Polly Jean Harvey

Since I read she was coming to Rome, something (like a little voice in my head) was telling me I had to go and so I did. Arriving in the Santa Cecilia hall was a surprise: a piano, a keyboard, some sound effects and lots of small lights telling me that something beautiful was going to happen…Then she arrived, black long dress and high hell, big smile, elegant, so small and with this sweet voice… but the first guitar chord was so powerful and noisy…. To bring you my love! The thing that impressed me the most was the ability to change from sweet intimate songs (from white chalk) to strong distorted songs…the devil, grow grow grow or the mountain, passing by My beautiful Leah and Down by the water... the ability to build different moods just by working with her voice...piano and voice...forte and voice guitar and voice drum and voice...then just voice ...ssssshhhh. Delicate and strong, powerful and sweet. Lots of instruments on the stage….but just her to play them. It was almost like staying in her house in the Dorset hills sit y the fire place and listening a magical friend.

No comments:


Statistiche web gratuite